View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: My low-level SNG quiz

25 Turbos are my bread and butter. Although I probably don't play the same as most players, I can guarantee I have one of the highest ROI's at the $25's on this board.

1) Fold - AQ sucks OOP. Against a solid UTG raise this is auto-muck even in position.

2) Call - I've tripled up off so many flops of AQ6 it's ridiculous. The extra starting chips make playing small pairs in any position during early levels +EV.

3) If I have a note on him being a donk (I have A LOT of those notes) I'll call. Normally donks don't make this play with super premium hands. Against anyone else it's a fold - jacks suck.

4) 10% of my stack preflop when I'm heads up with no guarantee of getting paid off the few times I do hit? Next hand please.

5) This is the hardest question of the quiz. These donks have a big calling range of A2o+, any pair +, K9o+, QJ+. I'd have to look at all other stacks to determine if me going from 1300 to 1600 is really going to make much of a difference. However giving T300 to one of those small stack blinds is criminal so I probably push.

6) Fold although I'm sure you'll say push. You don't have fold equity here because there's 6 other players who are sharing 12,000 chips so someone has enough FA (F uck Around) chips to make a spite call against the short stack. There's a large difference in calling ranges here between party and stars players - something too many posters don't realize. I get called by K8o, J9o, T7s, A3o, 33 all the time just because someone else has so many more chips than me. Hell even if I'm mid-stacked and push I'll get called by crap like A9o by an equally stacked player. And by this level I've often only played 1-3 hands outside the blinds and still get no respect.

7) Easy push, small stack has 650 chips and is going to be BB next hand putting him all in (blind + ante). Although against the $25 donks you'll get called here WAY more than ICM suggests you should.

8) Fold, keep that bubble alive.

9) Fold into the money, sb has us beat and will knock out UTG.

10) Fold. I cream these players HU all day long - but it's not from playing A3 into a raise. When they raise your A3 is no good.