View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:21 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: When a table runs bad, what do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Naw, naw, I know all this. I know thee are swings. I have had them. Usually if I run a little or moderately bad I stay and make it up. I am talking about those nights where literally you are losing every hand and the ones you win no one calls. I'm talking about nights where NOTHING goes right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm talking about also. Many 'know' the rhetoric about playing through bad swings and all, they can recite it word for word. But when it comes down to actually playing through a really bad one, they revert back and leave a gravy table because, usually, they are psyched out by how much they are losing. They tend to see 'moves' that aren't actually being made on them. I've been there. Putting it into practice is much harder than it looks. You also have to realize that you are only 1 player on a table.
[ QUOTE ]
And I do believe players alter to your losing streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some. Definitely not the majority, imo. Not 'everyone' is adjusting to you, especially when the pots are multiway. They have other opponents to worry about. You can use that to your advantage.

I've folded and not dragged a hand for hours on end still came through it. Experience is the key. Another factor is to not let them know that it affects you that you're getting an asshanders award. I've found, in live play, that when they notice that beats really have no effect on you, they tend to still be careful as they were regardless of the streak.

I've seen many players who 'think' they know about this leave very profitable tables. Tables with idiots who wouldn't know how to adjust if their fly was undone. But because they lose for an hour or so str8, they leave.

You're on the right track, in a way, since you do leave when you don't feel right on the table. Eventually you will want to move beyond that. I'd look more at your own psychology in these situations and if it's been altered before I look at the players on a gravy table. Just as I would look at my own play first before I chalk it up to run of the cards when I'm on a bad run. Get up, take a walk, think about the factors involved, then make a clear headed decision.

b