View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Tax queries, etc.

There seems to be a general reluctance by the powers that be to open new forums. (There are quite a few, already, admittedly!). Perhaps it relates to concentration of readers per advert? I'm not privy to that core information.

It's "easier", (read: not quite as difficult), for the mods to try to get existing forums extended if traffic in a particular sphere is noticed. Later, perhaps the opening of a new forum in that field will become the route for expansion by 2+2?

Always make your post in what you think is the most appropriate forum. If the mod of that forum has a better idea of where it should go, (in his opinion), he should move it, and gradually a niche for similar posts should be created. (I hate all the monitor posts in the Zoo, but I don't move them because most people now think of the Zoo when they need information in that area.)

If SMET is created, then it would probably become the accepted forum for the types of post you mention. Some of the hardline current SM posters don't want the expansion I am proposing, perhaps for this very reason? Hence my poll to invite the opinions of the users.