View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Analyze my stats - 11k @ $3/6 6max

[ QUOTE ]
The way I see it, if I'm in early position and I plan on calling a bet (say with middle or sometimes bottom pair), I might as well lead out myself if I'm in early position. I would only check/call in early position on certain draws.

If for example I'm heads-up in late position, calling the flop generally results in being bet into on the turn and river, costing 2.5B for a showdown. If I raise the flop with top/mid pair or a draw, I can take the lead 90% of the time on the turn and bet, or check to continue drawing for cheap. To raise flop / check turn with a draw, I see the river card for 1 bet plus I get fold equity on the flop. Being raised on the flop, my opponent might not even bet the river, giving me a showdown for 1 bet! To call/call/call, it costs me 2.5 Bets for a showdown and there is no chance my opponent will fold.

What situations exactly should I be calling in ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to post hands. Your logic works in some cases and doesn't in others. Calling is often the optimal strategy with semi strong hands against aggressive opponents. Not pushing people off their bluffs on the flop and the turn is a big money maker in SH.