View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: \"Getting your $$ in w/ best of it\"

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking that this quote was really more appropriate to ring games thant to tournaments. I'm grateful for all the input.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. As others have posted, a 52/48 situation isn't what's being referred to here. If you're avoiding 60/40 situations in an online tournament you aren't going to win many tournaments. In certain extreme circumstances you may not want to take these kind of odds, but in general you should. It would need to be a pretty slow tournament where you could afford to pass up this kind of equity and just wait around for something better.

And yes, getting your money in with the best of it IS solace because ultimately that's all you can do. If you consistently get your money in with the best of it then you'll win more than your fair share which is our goal in poker. Winning every time or even winning anywhere close to every time is not even remotely possible. You must simply get used to this. Otherwise you need to play a game with less luck such as chess. The problem is there isn't much dead money in chess, or at least not that will play you more than once or twice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]