View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Yes, I limped UTG with 10 BBs

Stars 22, 1k entrants down to 70 maybe (money started at 81)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t2000 (7 handed) converter

CO (t14618)
Button (t70260)
SB (t65588)
BB (t39792)
Hero (t19587)
MP1 (t9743)
MP2 (t13667)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero limps....

Table was typical late 22 style. On the tight side but people were standing up to raises a bit and stealing with decent frequency. I'd been fairly active with my steals but not maniacal.

I fully expect more than one person to absolutely hate this limp. It's counterintuitive and feels funky at this stage. However, given this specific stack situation, I didn't like any of my options. Folding feels way too tight. Raising less than all in basically commits me to call an all in given my stack and hand strength. open pushing is the only other real consideration, but it felt wrong as there are still 6 others to act and some decent stacks out there (and I'd be praying for a coin flip if called).

So I limped. If a short stack pushes I'll probably call, and I'll probably fold if a big stack puts a big raise in. It felt kind of meh, but I didn't expect anyone to mess with my limp without a pretty big hand. I figure AT/KQs/77 type hands will probably limp behind and I can play a flop. I guess I liked the idea of limping for a decent chance at a flop more than folding or pushing.

Blah. Tell me if and why this sucks.

Everett