View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Playing -EV in high stakes = +EV?

"Plays like betting on the flop right away with 2 pair as opposed to waiting till turn to check-raise. ALl of these are common schemes on 50/100 I find, whereas they are nowhere to be found in 30/60 and below games."

If someone start to bet flop with goods playing high stakes always - it'll also will be a mistake, while making this thing at low limit _always_ will be better. (I'm excluding opponent factor here)

High limits, especially full games are about finding correct frequencies to do different things with the same cards, while small stakes are about finding correct plays/odds/opponents. There are usually a lot of correct lines in high stakes hands. Basic "correct" play is called "standart" i guess. Others are correct if used some % of time in correct spots.

It's like Blackjack. If any Blackjack pays 2:1 - there is no need to count cards - you can make a lot of money without counting but only using basic strategy, if Blackjack pays 3:2 - you need to count cards to get an edge and make occasional plays (depending on true count), distinctive from basic strategy some % of time.

If blackjack pays 1:1 - you should quit a game unless you have good rakeback:-)