View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: My KQo got capped

i disagree. you have to 3bet out of the small blind to ruin BBs odds and discourage him from coming along.

aaron calls, bb is getting 5 to 1
aaron raises, bb is getting 6 to 2 AND is sandwiched between two aggressors.

when mp raised he didn't have to have the kind of hand that an UTG player would raise with, and KQ is ahead of his range, especially if he's been aggro lately.

When he capped, it could have been with a real hand, or as a defence mechanism. Over in ss land, they often talk about regaining control of the hand pf by capping a three bettor so that thier opponents will play more straighforwardly.

I'm assuming that you were going for the c/r on the flop?

if villain raised with a non-premium broadway starting hand (like ATo, QJ, etc) or a med pp, this is the perfect board for him to take a free card. I think AK/KQ bets/calls here to protect, and goes to war on the turn.

The fps in me says that if he likes aggression and has missed, you may want to take another stab at that checkraise. by checking again on the turn you'll convince him that you fear the K on the board, and if he can pounce with any two.

I guess a more straighforward approach is to bet/threebet and either check/call or bet/fold the river depending on the action.