View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: TPTK, controlling the pot size question

[ QUOTE ]
there's no piece of advice regularly given out by inexperienced SSNL players on this board that annoys me more than "push and hope".

[/ QUOTE ]

It is poker and at best all you can really have is a sense that you are ahead. There is no certaintly.

Perhaps my prior post is flavored by the way that I play and the way that people respond to my play. For July I'm 40%+ VP$IP and 18% PFR. Because of this people make calls against me frequently that they would not make against other players. For me - the call of the 20 on the flop by my opponent would not be an indication that he had a solid holding and I would push the turn expecting to get called by a worse hand. Anybody who has played with me knows that I am fully capable of bluff pushing on the turn so the opponent would be in a tough spot with a hand like JQ or KQ or even 88 after I pushed. Thats why I said I would expect to get called by a worse hand.

If I might also add - our Hero's chips stack going into the turn is slightly less than the pot. If this were a battle of larger stacks (150+) checking the turn would be a much better play IMO.

BTW I have lots of experience playing SSNL - 20K+ hands per month for the past 2-years.

Passion