View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Everyday Dick Moves

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that saves a minute of their time to cause problems for everyone else, if the sign is ten miles back and everyone has merged MERGE!!!!!!!!! There is a reason they put the sign back so far its not an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that votes based on your personal wild speculation about the politicians motivations instead of trying to determine the effect of their policies. (Everything that is wrong with American democracy)

And yes my post is a much more sensible response to yours, than your was to mine.