View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: How Do You Feel When Drunk?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What exaclty do you mean by "ying yang isn't a non-practical philosophy". I have no experience with drugs, and some with alcohol though compared to most little. I'm content to drink a little, don't think I've ever been "hammered".

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is that all the extremes of human emotion exist in everyone. Many people only have these emotions buried deep within their subconscious. They are, however, there and having an impact whether people know it or not. Drug and alcohol intoxication can bring these emotions to the surface. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing. It's relative to how one reacts to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm don't agree with that. That sounds like a Fruedian thing, there are all sorts of things going on in the subconcious that we don't see in everyday life, and anger is a part of everyone's personality whether it's seen or not. But, isn't a lot of what Frued said now agreed to be wrong by psychologists? I tend to see things at face value, if a person is happy and friendly and doesn't get angry then I think that person IS happy and does not have anger in his personality.