View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Tingling in arm (serious)

[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough, I have had the same type of sensation...but only in one finger in my hand. My pinky finger on my left hand and the corresponding part of the palm has felt like it's been asleep for roughly 2 weeks. It's very very strange. I thought it might be carpal tunnel, as I type a LOT everyday, but I'm not sure. I have never really used a laptop before and I started using one this summer. The tingling is essentially where my palm/finger would rest on the keyboard, so I'm not sure if it's related...but it's definitely a huge pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this exact same ailment (left pinky, left side of left hand) and exact same timeframe (went numb two weeks ago). My father thought it could be a vitamin B12 deficiency -- he said his sister and father experienced similar problems with their hands, and he himself with his foot once.

I'm currently taking sublingual B12 vitamins, started Sunday. If it doesn't clear up by next Sunday, I'm seeing a doctor. Someone recommended calling a chiropractor, is this an option for you?