View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: 2 50-100 hands vs. phil laak

Hey rbk,

Both hands, I think any history would be helpful, even if it's that you just sat down. More specifically, I think that his read on YOU is more important than any read on him...

Hand 1, I bet more on the flop. And, I lead the turn. Given the check-call of the turn, I would check the river or bet smaller, hoping to get raised. Your bet is too big to look like a block and too small to look like a bluff. If he did indeed have a five, I think you won near the minimum.

Hand 2, I agree with others that bet flop, check-raise turn might be a better line, but there are merits to yours. If he's more likely to raise the flop than to call to try to take it away later, I like the check-call fine. Not to mention the fact that you wouldn't mind seeing the flop go check-check. As to following through on the turn with the check-raise, I think it's a feel play that none of us can really comment on. Out of curiosity, what is the river plan if called (shut down I presume, but I'm curious as to what you would do if you hit your A or K)?

ML4L