View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Flop play with KJs

[ QUOTE ]
(Newbie grunch)
This is a big pot (raised and 4-handed pre-flop), so I would probably raise for two reasons. 1) I want to fold out the sb and bb, and 2) I would like a bit more info from Mr. LAG. If he has a Q, a 2, or a draw, I would like to be able to spike my K or J to win, and folding the blinds would help this, IMO. If he has an A, we have 4.5 outs to beat him, and our bdf is to the nuts. I would assume that this could also count as a semi-bluff, although LAGGy prob won't fold. If he 3-bets, I would prob call and fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might force them out and win a small pot heads up against the lag if your K or J comes (jacks probably risky). However, the real money of this hand is going to occur if you hit the straight or back door flush. In that case you want as many people in the pot as possible for the reverse implied odds.

Either way if you hit your K or J anyone who is still in the hand is probably drawing to a straight also. You are not going to be able to finish the hand strong if your pair hits so you might as well hope for the big draw to come in with many people contributing.

I'm saving my money to see where this one goes. Your hand is not strong and I'd really like to see another card cheaply. For me, I'm almost looking for an excuse to get out of this hand. Its just long term trouble in my eyes.

Keep in mind Laggy's are laggy for a reason. They like to bet and they like to raise. You don't wont to be three bet on this flop.