View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: 5-5 No Limit Deep stack hand

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of player would call two raises with a crappy one-gapper in one scenario, and then lay down a set on a board that he's gotta think he's dominating in another?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me...I have many times in that exact game gotten $150 in the pot pre-flop with a suited 1-gap. I've also layed down undersets many times. This game plays extremely different from typical online 100bb stack games. With 1500BB stacks, you can play almost anything preflop if the game is right

[ QUOTE ]
Just me thinking "hey, MOST people don't make those calls preflop with a one-gapper," and you thinking "many people WILL make that preflop call in that f'ed up Foxwoods game, and many others will lay down a set in this situation" is only confusing the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay let me change it up a bit. Many VERY GOOD players WILL make that preflop call in that game (although perhaps not on a regular basis [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[ QUOTE ]
BTW Aggie, I thought that 5/5 game was wicked soft. Is this not true? I've only played at Foxwwods once in the last year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

the game is soft on fridays and the weekends as a good rule of thumb. The game varies drasically during the week and can be extremely tough at times. There are almost always some good players lurking around

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't play 5/5, but I can say with a certainly that the 2/5 players were AWFUL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]