View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: 5-5 No Limit Deep stack hand

[ QUOTE ]
The more i think about this hand the more i think it comes down to whether or not villian will call an allin with a smaller set.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of player would call two raises with a crappy one-gapper in one scenario, and then lay down a set on a board that he's gotta think he's dominating in another? I think the reason this doesn't add up is because we don't have enough info about this actual player. Just me thinking "hey, MOST people don't make those calls preflop with a one-gapper," and you thinking "many people WILL make that preflop call in that f'ed up Foxwoods game, and many others will lay down a set in this situation" is only confusing the issue.

I completely agree that this hand is all about reads. I would be suprised if anyone can offer a definitive line here without better info.

BTW Aggie, I thought that 5/5 game was wicked soft. Is this not true? I've only played at Foxwwods once in the last year or so. I didn't play 5/5, but I can say with a certainly that the 2/5 players were AWFUL.