View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: 5-5 No Limit Deep stack hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems possible that villian has A T or a set worse than yours. Of course, he could also have the str8, but that seems unlikely because he cold-called a biggish raise in MP, and then a much bigger raise from you. So unless it's normal for him to call one or two raises oop with any two cards, then we can probably all but rule out the str8.

So he's either got a pair and the flush draw, or a set.

Puuuush

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a str8 is much more likely than you probably think. This is a deep stack game where people play a lot of crazy crap preflop. And many are capable of laying down sets to a push here (which is an argument for calling).

All that said i like a push too. But it's a grey area and it's a not a good of spot for villain as you seem to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if we can't limit his hand range as much as my first post suggests, I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But what do you think that the effect of the Hero's 2/3 pot turn bet is? This would certainly look weak to me. It's only 2x the size of his flop bet. This should prolly be factored in as well. I still like pushing here, but I'm very interested to hear what some of the HSNL players think.

Also, does anyone think that the $800 turn bet is a mistake?