View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: \"Everything in life is luck\"

We help a lot of people and there are private citizens, non-profit orginzations and a multitude of other good folks that are sending money, aid, medicine, thier own time, etc... to help these countires. I for one am tired of the "let's put ourselves in a box and spend all our money to make sure that (insert welfare recipient name here) can take care of the 8 kids that she has with 7 different men" before we spend a dime on making sure that a Tyrant Dictator quits gassing his own people and doesn't use WMD on his neighbors or us"

Moral of the story - the picture is a lot bigger than that. If there was a magic wand someone could wave and fix all the epidemics in this country, believe me they'd be using it. Unfortunately, in our country, just like many others there lazy, worthless individuals who are a burden to our society. Frankly, I'm all for paying taxes and helping out our fellow man and what not - but there's no such thing as entitlement in a country like ours where anyone has the opportunity to succeed. For some, it's harder than others but the opportunity is there.

Whether you agree or not with what is going on in Iraq it doesn't mean that we shouldn't be involved in any capacity like that until we end world hunger and have no people living on the streets in America. Wake up dude.