View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Follow up to Doyles bid for the wpt

It's totally illegal to make an offer to jack up the stock price if you have no intentions to really purchase the company. This is highly illegal [censored], keep in mind Martha Stewart went to jail for something even lesser (if i remember correctly she was not involved in the actual manipulation of the stock only benifited from the information). Things don't look to hot for Doyle when u consider he used a criminal/divorce law firm to prepare documents for a $700MM bid. Most people typically contract a well respected M&A group at an investment bank to provide analysis and help determine a suitable offer, with minimum retainer fees that can often be as much as $1MM. Even tho relatively speaking this $700MM is considered small in the business world, I think it's fishy to have hired a joke of a law firm to handle your business (Goodman & Chesnoff PC). Also from what I understand the Goodman, comes from the same family as the corrupt vegas mayor that was detailed in positively 5th street. Lastly, the timing is bad, cuz if Doyle does go to jail it'll take about 2 to 3 years to go through the court process, just in time for when America wakes up with it's inevitable poker hangover.

-ed