View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 07:54 AM

Default Introduction and a few questions

Hi, My name is Michael, but Everyone calls me Melch. I have posted a few times, but never gave a semi formal introduction. I am a physics major at Louisiana Tech and I will graduate in November. I'll be moving out to San Diego hopefully soon due to a few job prospects out there. I am also a debater.

Anyways I have a few questions. I figured this is the best place to post them.

I seem to excell at 6 player games, where I don't do as well in 10 player games. The limits I am playing at are .50/1. Does anyone know what could be hurting me in the 10 handed games?

I am looking to eventually build up my bank roll to get into higher limit games. I currently have 300, which from the posts I have read is good for the limit I am at. Would at the end of the week or month cashing out half my winnings and leaving the other half be good for this, or should I adjust this. (My poker earnings don't pay my bills or rent, It mainly feeds my DVD habit).

To test the NL waters, should I move down stakes slightly or is it ok to stay where I am at. Where I play (UB), it seems that the .50/1 tables are easier than the .25/.50 tables.

Oh and this question is very off topic. I drive a 2000 Bonneville, When I move to San Diego, what if any modifications do I need to make in order for it to pass the environmental regulations you have out there?

Thanks,
Melch