View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Protecting your hand?

I've been running into this a lot lately. I'm having trouble trying to protect hands like these when people cold call the flop CR. Do you CR again on the turn and try to knock them out? UTG+2 is a decent player. His flop 3bet is telling me he has an overpair, and I believe him. I'm obviously not folding to the turn bet, but if I don't hit my straight I'm not going to win the hand (there's some chance I'll win if a 9 hits the river).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ...