Thread: 40-80 QJo bb
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 40-80 QJo bb

[ QUOTE ]
i still dont think 40 is high stakes but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

plenty high. welcome to the forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

good live game i have QJo in the bb. a donk limps utg, sb who is uberdonked calls, i check.

the flop is AJ9. there's a long pause as they stare at the flop. sb checks, i bet, they both call.

[/ QUOTE ]

so far so good. i can't see checking 2nd pair 2nd best kicker w/ two donks who very likely raise aces preflop.

[ QUOTE ]

the turn is an 8. sb bets, i call, utg calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

id consider a raise on this turn. could be uberdonk picked up a draw w/ a T + his pair (highly unlikely to be an ace) or maybe two pair. getting 3 bet would suck but what does the donk behind you have? looks like a 9 could be out there or another jack that maybe hit two pair. raising allows you to take a free showdown or value bet the river vs. the donkey small blind and gives you position on that all important street.

you dont give the other donk an opportunity to make a bad turn call but getting 5:1 if you call then he's not going to make huge mistakes either way. but some of the mistakes he COULD make if you call and then call river may be big enough to warrant a call...it depends on how aggressive thses donks are. do you win enough if you raise and call a 3 bet and a river bet (would he do this w/ T+pair?)?

[ QUOTE ]

the river is a 2. sb checks, i check with the intention of calling and even overcalling.

comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

turn and river i may play exacly opposite. id probably raise the turn and bet the river when checked to. as you played it, you definately have to call 1 and fold for 2 on the river. but vs. two donks i think there is enough value here to bet and be called by worse jacks or 8s or 9s that itsprobably worth a bet.

Barron