View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Commerce 20/40 NL Hand

Hi Jeffage,

[ QUOTE ]
Uh...no. Think about the action for a second. Villian raises the river to 5k with 4 hearts on board. Now his opponent, after a hollywood pause, comes over the top for 6k more. If there is a straight flush possible and your opponent, who was in the BB, is not a drooling moron, he MUST have it with this action. I can think of a lot of better things to do with $6,000 than waste it by calling here. And I'm sure the very good player could to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for injecting some reason into this thread. No good player is paying somebody off in this spot without some crazy context that might've set him up; OP is super-fortunate to have gotten the 5K raise out of him. What does Villain think: OP will pay him off 5K with the Qh on a 4-flush board? My best guess is he's trying to represent a big bluff, and doesn't really expect to be paid off anyway, so why not go big with the "nuts?" What a rude awakening he must've gotten.

Also, I really doubt all of these folks who are saying they'd bet the turn big; I think most of you would check-raise right here. It's easy to say now, though, when you know he has the 2nd nuts. What if he had 2 pair? Then you might be willing to check in the hopes he'd fill up.