View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Datamining with PT

I only got PT up and running on my new machine today. I have been mining for a week now. I've just been manually copying the .hhf files every few hours into a new directory. I am curious how long it will take to import these into PT. I will try running PT along with Party later this week, but so far, this is working fine. I can easily mine 70+ tables at once with no slowdowns. I was mining every 3/6 full game, but I've started mining all of the 1/2 6max games as well since I plan to get some 6max experience in after I read WtO. Who knows what will happen when I start using PT also, but I plan to set the import interval pretty high. I'll probably import once/hour or so since there will be no real benefit to importing more frequently.

Does PT remain at 100% CPU usage? If it never drops back down, then you may be importing too often. It is normal for PT to go to 100% CPU usage when importing. This is part of the reason I decided to go dual core with my new computer. As for large databases, I assume you are using PostGRE SQL? I have never used it before since I was running WinME on my old machine. Now that I can use it, I need to figure out how :P