View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Poker Impedes on Hopes and Dreams? (low content)

Poker has deffinatly become the "topic" of choice for me the past year. However as with everything i eventually pick up, it ends just as quickly. I like to learn basically. And once i've grasped the basic understanding of a new activity, or sport, or interest, i usually get bored and either never finish. Poker however has been going on for well over 6 months for me, so its something that is more intriguing to me then most things, although some days is worse then others, and sometimes i just need a break from it. I would hope that it never totally consumes me, because there's so much more to life out there. As soon as i notice it taking precedent to things like my family and my job, im going to take a break from it for a long time. And re establish what's important to me at this point in my life. I can completely understand how people get hooked on it (gambling in general) but poker involves so much more skill then something like roulette, so it feels like your actually doing something and have actual influence on the outcome of situations. The mental side of it is very interesting also. Either way, if it starts ruining, or taking away from things that are important to me, then i'd start to question how much its affecting my life.