View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Did I make this hand too interesting?

I really struggled with this decision in my .10/.25 Stars NL game last night, and was hoping for some input.

Full ring, this is the 2nd orbit I've been at the table. Villian in this hand has played 7 of the 13 hands I've played with him. He minraised preflop once. Flop came down K-7-3, he bet and folded to a reraise.

To the hand in question:

I have $24, villian has $26.

Villian in MP1 minraises. Two calls to me on the button with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I reraise to $1.75. Only the villian calls.

Flop ($4.85): J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian leads with $1. I raise to $4. He calls.

Turn ($12.85): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian checks. At this point in time I don't really know what he has. I get this feeling that he has AK, but also fear he's slowing down with a Jack. I don't know what types of hands he minraises with PF as he folded the only other time he did it. He could be on the flush draw here as well. Anyway, I make what I think might be a mistake and check behind, happy with the size of the pot, hoping for a cheap showdown.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

This river looks damn good to me, as his AK looks a lot better to him if he holds it. Villian leads for $13. How do you read this overbet and what is your move?

Thanks, and I hope this is an interesting hand. Please let me know if this is a standard call or fold.

Brad