Thread: K8s UTG
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: K8s UTG

good post.

I think this hand comes down to the villians tendencies on the turn. if he is CRing a made hand, then i am behind more than I am ahead. add in semi bluffs to that, as well as air though and it becomes damn close i think.

the problem with the turn is that it really looks like a play that some regs at the 10-20 pull from time to time. which is call a flop continuation bet, and then CR a turn high card, like an ace, so that ill fold my missed high cards, as well as mid-highish PP's, and maybe even some aces. the kink in that though is that card also brought the flush.

i felt like he could pull this turn CR with a pair, a pair +spade, air, as well as made hands. which i do have outs against, which helps a tiny bit.

my image at the time, as well as the fact that these guys hadnt seen me before that day and might just view me as a crazy LAG turned this into a no-fold for me.

I didnt love it, but i felt he is semi bluffing a decent amount and CRing a made hand i beat occasionally like KQ or AK, either with or without a spade. so i didnt want to call and see a bunch of ugly cards on the river. so i pushed.