View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: How much $ per day for you to turn pro?

[ QUOTE ]
$500/day x 200 days/yr = $100,000

I think for many people that estimate would be very high(unless you are talking canadian$). According to the US census Bureau , the mean household income in the US for 2000 was only $56,604 with employed males median salary being only $27K. Which means there's a lot of people out there living on very little....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about quitting a decent paying job, in my definition its a job who pay about 50k per year. I need at least to make double of that to quit and turn pro.

A lot of people who turn pro say its a grind and all. Its true if you quit your job when you are making 30 $ per hour playing poker. Then you have to play a lot of hours and you have a difficult time to grow a bankroll and some savings.

When you are making 100 $ / hour and more, poker is no more that much of a grind, but a way to make a lot of money, save and invest. You dont have to play 35 hours per week to pay your bills. Also, it usually mean that you have a big bankroll who can confort you for the bad months or to take some vacations.