View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: T9s on button facing three limpers and a raiser

I hadn't really considered raising as a real option (or perhaps my sarcasm detector is broken? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Can you elaborate? For a suited connector like T9s, I would think that you want a (preferably large) multi-way pot. If you raise, it seems far more likely for the pot to end up being heads up or two way. (Though I suppose that you might be able to create some deception value...)

Interestingly, this past weekend I saw a $4-$8 hand (details fuzzy) where (before the flop) UTG and UTG+1 limped, MP1 raised, MP2 re-raised, and MP3 four bet. Only MP1 and MP2 called. The flop came Qxx, and it was checked around. The turn was a T, and MP1 bet, MP2 raised, and both MP3 and MP1 called. The river was a 9. MP1 bet, MP2 called, MP3 raised, MP1 called, and MP2 folded in disgust.

MP3 showed J8o for the (second nuts) queen-high straight. MP1 appeared to mumble a few expletives and mucked in total disbelief.

I don't know how you could justify a pre-flop four-bet with J8o, but I suppose if you can do that, then you definitely ought to be able to three-bet T9s. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So much to learn...