View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: No challenge in religion

I have to agree with the OPs original statement. I like the idea of this forum, but its mainly just a pissing contest between believers and non-believers. More to the point, it's mainly just a christianity versus atheism pissing contest.

What I don't understand is why the people who claim to dislike religion only choose christianity as their target. Perhaps its a function of living in the Wester world, but there are organized religions out there committing far more horrendous acts in the name of God.

Personally, I don't care much for organized religion in any form. Note that I have said nothing about the existence of God. Just religion. For those like myself who dislike the idea of organized religion, I think this forum might benefit from a more broad discussion on the topic. While I'm primarily accustomed to christianity as being the primary religion around me, I know there are those in this forum who have studied other relgions more in depth. I think we could all benefit from more discussion on them.