View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: $22 on the bubble

[ QUOTE ]
If the BB pushes and UTG folds I am calling 99 every day of the week here. Plus, the BB can't stop and go the flop, Hero acts first. Bad advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that the BB can't run a traditional stop and go, but what I said is that they can call here and push almost any flop, with the obvious assumption that Hero checks. I mentioned it specifically as a three-handed stop & go with that in mind. Just because you are second to act doesn't mean you can't run the equivilant of a stop and go - if I'm the BB here I'm either pushing or occasionally calling and pushing almost any flop.

I agree about calling if the BB pushes, and certainly wasn't advocating otherwise, but a lot of people on here won't make that call. Regardless, that doesn't change that I hate flat calling here, taking this three way with a pair of nines. Odds are you've got the best hand right now, so I push. If you think the MP's min-raise plus his tightness indicates significant strength, fold.

I hate flat calling a raise on the bubble out of position, with a player to act behind. Because of the odds you're offering the BB, I believe calling in this instance is a FTP mistake.