View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: $22 on the bubble

I hate just calling here.

You're the small blind, you've got a BB behind to act who has T1000 behind after posting a T200 big blind. With the min-raise and your call behind he's getting 5-1 to call and at least 2-1 if he pushes and is called. Assuming he's smart, you both have reasonable calling ranges and he has any FE, you both are offering him a great scenario to take this away from you if you call. Pushing from the BB there with almost any two (or calling and pushing any flop, a three-handed stop+go) has gotten me past the bubble against passive opponents many a time.

In your shoes I fold or push. If the PFR is really tight, I tend to push instead - from a typical (i.e. no 2p2 pushbot) $22 opponnent, usually the minraise is a good sign for "I'm a passive bigstack and i want to steal the blinds but don't want to risk too much". So if he's tight and in that situation you've got a lot of FE on a push.

If the short stacks are pretty weak/tight (e.g. 75% of the time), I'll fold and continue to steal from them. I don't mind the other big stack taking down these blinds, I want to combine with him to pop the bubble and take down the two shorties, with the goal of getting heads up no worse than 2-1 underdog.