View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Lee puts his foot down

I'll take as a compliment that Ray would prefer to have a random new arrival rather than me in the chair :-).

In my post, "Just so" above, I simply quoted Baggins' review of the bidding. I (and others) claim that one bad actor, permitted to get away with such behavior, scares away more money (in the form of new customers) than he produces on his own.

I was having dinner with a very successful Las Vegas poker pro a couple of days ago. He said, "I am in the entertainment business". Exactly. And if you're in a business, you need customers. And if you're in the entertainment business, you need happy customers. By allowing one customer to scare away multiple customers, you are costing yourself customers.

Sure, you can't "see" the customers that the nasty one is scaring away. This is a truism - you can't see them because they're not there because he scared them away.

I would think that to prevent/punish bad behavior would be the most obvious of business decisions for those of you that are "in the entertainment business."

Regards, Lee