Thread: Flush draw
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just check behind and see what the river brings. I get the sense that a turn bet from you will face a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually bet 150 and they both called. I'm still unsure if this was correct or not, but the result was fine with me.

Since I checked behind on the flop, I felt it was unlikely they would try to check raise the turn for fear that I would simply check behind again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I acknowledge that by betting the turn you have a better understanding of where you're at in the hand. As a side note, it is conceivable that an opponent can check on the flop unimproved, and then check again after improving on the turn with the intention of reraising, especially against a player that likes to bet into cold boards on the turn in late position. Just a thought.

When they both call a sizeable turn bet after checking, what are your thoughts? Under flush draw? Bigger Ace or even two pair? A made (set or straight)hand?

That Ace was a mixed blessing, because I think it potentially helps your opponents in more ways that it helps you and your 6 kicker. It was the one card that makes your hand a whole lot trickier to play.

So what did you do after one of your opponents bet out on the river after your diamond didn't come?

You have me curious about how this one turned out.