View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: 1800gambler/Eurobet Revisited

Sigh. Before i read this, again the usual message, i didn't ask for this post and didn't know it was coming. The last one got deleted so it seems stupid to make this one.

However, flamed or not there is a lot of misinformation in this post about me so i'm going to clear it up.

[ QUOTE ]
1. When you sign up with other Eurobet affiliates, they give you a referral code/link to use when opening your account. This referral link takes you to Eurobet's standard sign-in page which offers Eurobet's standard 25%-up-to-$50 initial sign-up bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurobet have no referral 'codes' as empire/party do. They do have links. However the problem with the links - from what i've been told by another affiliate - is if the person has already once before visited the eurobet site they wont be tracked under you. The affiliate who told me this has already had problems with this.

[ QUOTE ]
2. When you sign up with Jay (1800gambler), he tells you that Eurobet doesn't use the affiliate-code-link system and you have to send him all your personal information and HE has to open the account for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say eurobet don't offer referral 'codes' which is true.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I am surmising that his purpose for doing this is to avoid having the new player get the sign-up bonus. When I discovered this information I sent Jay an email inquiring about the bonus and have received only silence in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason i do this is to save problems later on when the affiliatee starts to complain that the tracker isn't working. This way i can ensure you are tracked under me. However you still can get the bonus, as you obviously don't know - yet made this post - the part when you get the bonus is when you move money from the sports book to the poker room, me making your account does not affect this.

[ QUOTE ]
5. So is forfeiting the $50 bonus in return for 25% a good deal or a bad deal? Obviously it depends on the individual player and how much rake he generates.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said above, you can still get the bonus.

[ QUOTE ]
6.My "issue" with this is that I was misled and not made aware of the tit-for-tat tradeoff. Obviously I think others should be made aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.