View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Rambling thoughts and questions regarding small stakes sng (Party)

Thanks for your well thought out reply. Good food for thought.

[ QUOTE ]
In pushing, don't go overboard. Harrington's M=5 rule, push with anything decent, is a little overboard for Party's 800chip SNG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGPT will give ranges which are +EV to push. I pretty much go with this. Any reason not to?

[ QUOTE ]
Pay attention to what people will call with...and pay attention to how often you are pushing. Push with great hands and show them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying here to show the great hands when they are not called so they will only think I'm pushing good hands? Or are you saying to only push great hands, and show those down? The problem with this is that great hands don't grow on trees.

[ QUOTE ]
As far as trying to steal with nothing on the blind, pay attention to how people play. In the lower buyin Party SNG's, there are not that many people who will limp big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found that people will limp in with big hands. The concept of protecting your hand seems to be a foreign one to many of them.

[ QUOTE ]
If i'm in the sb and you min raise me from the bb, i always call, unless calling is a significant portion of my stack. If you autobet the flop after autoraising preflop, I will figure this out quickly and take advantage of it on higher levels (in other words, you may take advantage of me on 50/100 blinds, but i'm gonna run over you on 150/300 blinds for way more chips).

[/ QUOTE ]

There's so many people playing, it doesn't matter. The play I described is way +EV on the average, even though it may not work against every individual. If I were playing you, for example, by the time you figured out what I was doing and had a chance to be sitting just to my right in a small stakes tourney (if you even play them) to take advantage of it, well that's just not a likely enough event for me to worry about.

[ QUOTE ]
Still...raise your good hands from the blinds, fold your crappy hands (unless you have position or good reads on your opponent), play poker with your medium hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found playing the blinds as I described to be +EV regardless of the cards I'm playing. Like the stupid play where a player will complete and then fold to a min-raise. That happens often.