Thread: Leaking finding
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Leaking finding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That means 1/4 of the time your high will take the pot alone. Also - this pot is multiway, so taking half against 3-4 players is still good.

[/ QUOTE ]
No! 1/4 of the time a high will scoop the pot. That is not necessarily or even likely to be you.

[ QUOTE ]
There are many times when 9s will be the top set. Yes, there are times it will not, but holding a T and J, means your looking only at KK, QQ, and QQ showing in order for this to happen. I'd be very leary of AAxxx boards, but a lot less leary of KKxxx and QQxxx boards.

[/ QUOTE ]
You only need for a card higher than a nine to flop for the possibilty of your set not being top set. An overcard may come and you may indeed have the best set, but you will not be in a position to take charge of the hand, due to fear of higher sets and bigger draws.

The bottom line is I think this hand is a longshot to win. I prefer to put my money into the pot when I am getting favorable odds. I don't think even 10-1 is enough in this situation. You most likely will have to play timidly, if you can continue at all after the flop. So why bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the camp that definitely thinks you are leaving money on the table folding this preflop. If you play well post flop you can call this profitably. This is a pretty good flop. A flop checkraise may have ended up saving the pot for the hero here.