Thread: Why?????
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Why?????

First of all while this post is inspired by a bad beat I do not intend to whine about it, there is enough of that on the boards and I do not in any way mean to contribute to it. So if you do feel that this is a meaningless rant and you need to flame me don't..... If you want to flame someone for writing stupid post try here or here . That being said I will get on with my story.....

Me and mis amigos play semi-reguarly in home touries, we've been doing so for about 1 1/2 to 2 years. In that time we've gone from knowing absolutly nothing about the strategy of the game to various levels of skill. Out of the 10 to 12 of us that play I am the only one to study the game and try to win consistantly. The more I've studdied the thighter and/or better I've become. Everyone has picked up on that and often comment about it when I'm in a hand, make a big re-raise, etc. but it seems like they just don't get it. Take for example this hand from last thursday.

3- handed home tourny (blinds @ 10-20)
Preflop: Hero on button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Hero raises to 200 </font>, sb calls, bb calls

Flop: (600 in pot) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb checks, bb checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 200 </font>, sb calls, bb folds.

Turn: (1000 in pot) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
sb checks, <font color="red"> hero bets 400 </font>, <font color="red">sb raises hero all in </font>, hero calls.

sb show 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
sb makes two pair to take the pot and knock me out.

What I don't understand is why do they make these kinds of calls against me? I raised 10xBB and I get called by a 7,4o? Then when an ace hits on the flop I bet again, what did they think I had dueces???

Any ideas are welcome I am hoping that someone will give me somekind of clue as to why these guys don't reaspect my raises and call me with trash hands.