View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Good Place for a Stop n Go?

My bad, it's a slowplay then, not a stop n go.

That said, I'm unconvinced that betting would earn me more bets. Here's what I see:

1) I raise, 2 calls. This wins me 1 extra BB from simply calling. With no PF aggression, I see the raise being called nearly all the time, and being checked on the turn, where I bet again. Considering all the fold equity built up, I think at most I'd win 2 more calls by the river.

or,

2) I call. MP1 bets out, is called, and I raise, trapping MP3. If they both fold (unlikely), I'm even with a flop raise. I think I can expect at least one villain to call down, maybe they both do.

The only way I see myself winning more by raising the flop is by getting 3-bet, which is very rare from such passive players. I think my reads are strong enough that if they call, one or both won't see showdown, which i would need to make this play better than slowplaying.

Edit: Sorry, that was pretty unclear. In other words, I expect to win 3 BB from raising the flop (1 BB on the flop, 2 more from being called down). However, if I slowplay, I win at least 3 (a bet and call on the turn, plus at least one call from my turn raise), but more likely 4 (which would only require 1 player seeing showdown).