View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Good Place for a Stop n Go?

The Stop n Go is a move I know basically nothing about and rarely use (a leak in my game? doesn't seem too useful at the micros, maybe much more important for the higher limits). Anyway, here's a hand I think it was a good decision on.
Interpoker .25/.5

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in CO

Preflop:

3 folds, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

MP1 is a slightly tigher than normal fish (only slightly), but this is a weak read. MP3 has loose PF raising standards but generally plays very predictably and mostly passive postflop (I have a very strong read on him).

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP1 bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

A very unthreatening board and I have position. I'm afraid a raise will discourage a turn bet. If I call, I'm almost certain MP1 will bet the turn, MP3 will call, and I can pop them for an extra bet (maybe another on the river). Good thinking or should I just call?

Note to new members: Notice how I ended the history at the relevant point, and didn't post the turn or river. To discourage results-oriented thinking, you need to do this in addition to not posting results. There are too many posters on this forum that rightfully omit the results, but also show other players' actions after their relevant point has ended. Don't do that.