View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: something I\'ve been doing lately.

I think the play here is entirely dependant on what the button will do when he misses entirely. If he's at all capable of taking free cards without you playing back at him, then just calling JTs and the like is probably ok.

If he feels he has to autobet with any two on every flop and every turn when he's the preflop aggressor, I just let this one go and wait to call him down with an Ace or a good King. Calling this person's raise is essentially calling the raise (1.4 sb) and his later streets (3sb).

If he gets timid when you re-raise, then you have to threebet this one to play it, and you can often take a free look at the turn when you miss.

Of course, Ed Miller suggested calling this if he can fold when you check/raise and lead the turn in the magazine this month.

Also, I don't think the blind structure has been factored in quite as much as it should be by some others so far.

With this structure, just calling and seeing a flop costs 7/12 of what it costs to attempt to push out the bb, risk a cap, and take a flop OOP with a hand that you can't showdown UI. With the resteal costing 171% of the cool-call, there must surely be some marginal (multiway) hands that aren't strong enough to raise, but arent weak enough to fold.