View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

With this flop, I will begin by assuming I have the best hand.

I have a few problems. I am out of position, I really have no information about the strength of my opponents hands, the board is just coordinated enough that I hate giving away free cards.

The pot is 1200, which is just big enough to go after, but not big enough that I am throwing caution to the wind, and betting out big.

Can I keep the pot small? If I check call a single 3/4 pot flop bet, and a 1/2 turn bet, there would be a 6K pot on the river, with me having about double that behind, so a small pot is unlikely (especially since I really will struggle to have any control OOP).

So, forget pot control. A check raise on the flop is an option, but I could really need to commit a lot of chips to get JT, T7 off their hands. I dont like the risk/reward there.

By default, I am leading at this pot. Having sworn off 'feeler' bets, I am leading for 600-1200 here. If I am raised, I am done. I I get called by 1 player, it will depend on his image. If I am called by more than 1, I am done unless something changes.

Play on the turn is very player dependent if I am against a single opponent.