View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: How long can a game stay good? Possible stupid question.

Yes, I have all three of Mason's Poker Essays and I highly recomend them. He writes a lot about keeping a cardroom healthy and what a player needs to do to help keep a game healthy and I try to hold up my end.

I may be asking a question that can't be answered. It might be like most questions regarding poker, the answer is, "It depends". It depends on the supply of new money coming into the game, the number of good players vs bad players, if the floor does a good job of promoting the game and keeping the tables full and probably many other factors.

I think that in the short term, the game will stay good because there is a lot of excitement around the WSOP circuit events and the new poker room. All this activity has to be good for all the games at Caesar's IN.

Many of the former $5-10 crowd don't seem to like the $6-12, which I find really interesting. The $6-12 is considerably looser and oftem more aggressive, so the weak tight players don't do as well. I always thought that the $5-10 game was a good structure for the tight passive player.

I realize that I am not objective regarding the $5-10 game because all the time I was playing $5-10, my game had more holes than a tennis racket but a single chip structured game generates less action.

My game is much better now although still to loose and not enough aggression but Rome wasn't built in a day.