View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Gamblor does FLA

I have played at the Hard Rock in Tampa as well. The Hollywood Hard Rock has a 3x bigger area cardroom than Tampa and the games at the Hollywood Hard Rock seem wilder than anywhere else in FLA. The rake is 10% with a $5 max with a mandatrory $1 bad beat jackpot rake so $6 gets taken out quite often.

The bad beat jackpot attracts many poor players. The bads beat is aces full of jacks or better beaten by quads or better with both players using both hole cards. The jackpot often gets up to the $100,000 mark and the $ attracts all kinds of oddballs hoping to get lucky.

I almost never tip more than $1 because the other rake, jackpot rakes are so high. It doesnt seem to make a difference because I am friends with many of the dealers.

2-2 is moderalely profitable for me becuse the blinds are 1-2 and the pots often have 15+ ($2) bets preflop, so it takes a lot of patience to beat the rake. Also, because the bet size doesnt increase on the turn and river people are usually getting odds like 25-1 and higher on the flop and on the turn to draw out so protecting your hand can be tricky.