View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. BPAT (Best Player at Table)

The "Best Player at the table" minreraised you preflop from the blinds. Hmmm.

So AA-QQ, AK, a few lower pairs/suited connectors? Without knowing how often this guy reraises a button raise, it is tough to say. The minraise is what throws me. He wants you in the pot and/or wants you think he wants you in the pot. Should he expect that you'll give up on a steal if you don't hit the flop hard, in which case he's trying to resteal cheaply? Otherwise, that he minraised out of position makes JJ, TT or any A but AK pretty unlikely , because he needs a hand that he can play easily postflop to put himself in that position. But if he's really the BPAT he's not only doing this with AA-KK, so there's has to be a chance of JJ-TT, lower pairs, or something like T9s.

I think checking the turn is best. I can't imagine him having an ace other than AK, so you aren't giving him a free card too often, and even if you are, there's a reasonable chance he fires again with AQ or Aj or something on the river. Also the only strongish draw is JT and 2 of those outs are your money cards.

Check behind, call the river because the weird minreraise is AA-KK pretty often? Generally it seems like he can't have more than 2-4 outs if he's behind and the board is semi-ugly for your hand and most of the hand he could hold that you beat. Checking behind gets the most when ahead and loses the least when behind.