View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 02:50 PM

Default 2-5-5 Playing without a Hand, for a while.

Brief preamble: I am not very good, obviously. This hand was played at MotorCity--there is no cap on the buyin, and a number of the players play very deep. I am not a regular in this game--I have neither the skill nor the BR to be so, but a very occasional shot will neither make nor break me. I don't recall the exact details, but what follows is to the best of my recollection.

I have been seated for an hour and a half, and have voluntarily played one hand---AKo after one limper, I make it 25 (pretty standard) and get called in two places. No help on the flop, and I fold when bet into. If anyone is paying much attention, I probably seem like a very weak/tight player--I have been absolutely card dead, and my blinds have been near universally raised.

Reads:
SB: (prior villain) Very LAG player, very deep, smart and tricky, probably makes a nice profit bluffing folks playing with scared money.

BN: Just sat, also has me covered, though not by much. I don't know the regulars here, and I have no idea on this guy.

Hand:
I'm dealt 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the Hijack. Folded to me, I raise to 25 (~650 behind). CO folds, BN cold calls, SB calls. ~80 in the pot to the flop.

The flop brings J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Yea! Midpair and two BD draws.

SB bets 50 into the pot, clearly communicating that he was in fact dealt two cards. I call, planning to fold the turn. BN calls, scaring me. (230 in the pot).

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Okay, I'm starting to have a hand here. My plan to fold is not looking as solid.
SB checks. I check. BN checks.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets 200. I call. BN agonizes, agonizes, agonizes, folds AJs face up.