Thread: The Crusades
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: The Crusades

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DVaut1, it's not "controversial" to state that Islam requires absolute submission to the will of God, as spelled out in the Koran. It's not controversial to assert that the goal of Islam is to bring both the self--and the entire world--into following God's will and instructions, as outlined in the Koran. It's not controversial to state that Islam requires man to follow God's will rather than man's wishes.

"Islam" means submission--to God's will. It is the proper role of all Muslims to bring themselves into complete submission to God's will--and to do their best to bring the their surroundings, and others, and the world, into submission to God's will, too. And as the example of Mohammed showed, force can be used if necessary to these ends.

These are not controversial concepts. They are embraced by major Islamic religious leaders past and present.

In Islamic ideology there is no distinction between the sacred and the secular. Hence there is no distinction between secular government and religious rule--it is all the same, and it is all to follow the will of God. Therefore government under Islam has an absolute or totalitarian aspect that cannot ever be truly shaken loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm going to bed and you're just repeating the same nonsense you cite over and over and over again (did Ibn Warraq really say "there may be moderate Muslims, but Islam itself is not moderate"?...I don't remember), I'll just answer that obviously, there is a great deal of debate on almost all of that which you say is uncontroversial here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there is a great deal of debate about those things amongst ignorant Westerners, but not amongst imams and mullahs.