View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: NL 100 Full Ring

I totally agree with the limp raise with AA sentiment. I very rarely do it. In this case I thought it was worth it as the aggressive short stack might have shoved (which he did) and might well have drawn someone else with him, possibly even someone putting in a chunky raise to isolate. Clearly that's an ideal scenario for me. As it turned out 1 deep stack caller meant I had to put in a sizeable raise myself to impact his drawing odds.

My pf raise was a raise of $27 into a pot of about $30. I'm then equivacal about either a fold or a call from Villain.

I like the $35 bet. I think a raise from Villian on the flop to a $35 bet defintiely gets the same job done as the $50 bet so is more efficient in that instance. I don't know how to react to a villain call of $35 though. I'm probably still checking the turn as the flop call looks more like a trap. But does a turn check from me then invite a $35 (half his remaining stack) steal attempt from villain? And that's just a nasty position for me to be in. Lots more doubt as to whether he has it or is on the rob. It's a toughie - I seem to be talking myself out of it again.

I agree I think it looks weak to bet $50 then fold. But given my pf action a call from Villain surely has to be ahead doesnt it? I don't know, I hate playing weak but don't want to hand over a stack needlessly