View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: small suited connectors, busy flop and turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, if you're going to go throwing yourself around like you know everything

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is every 2+2er relegated to saying pointless stuff like this? I don't know sh*t about poker and I don't claim to, either. I'd really love to one day form an opinion and post it on 2+2 and not have some insecure kid throw a comment like this in my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been involved in, I think, two threads with you, and in both you've been argumentative and dismissive. I've seen comments from you in several other threads that follow a similar vein.

This comment is a perfect example, in fact...you've been on the boards for a whole week and you're pronouncing what every 2+2er does?

[nit] And if you're going to go around calling other people insecure, you might want to stop trying to sound smarter by using big words you don't know the meaning of. "Relegated" means banished, or demoted to a position of lesser importance, and really doesn't make sense in the context in which you used it. [/nit]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I've been on these boards a lot longer than a week, sir. Don't make stupid assumptions. And why are you such a nerd when it comes to verbage? You've used the word "Erudite" earlier in an effort to show off your grammatical boner. I'd love to see you use words like this in front of an actual human, and not a computer. Especially a human of the female variety.

And don't act like you don't understand how I used the term "relegated."

FWIW, language is merely a tool of communicating. And, since I obviously communicated well enough for you to know what I meant, well, then heck I guess it worked!

[nit] Newsflash: You can't say what words mean because they only mean what people understand them to mean, and not necessarily what Webster says they mean. Language is constantly changing, and so, relegated might literally mean something in 2005 but it just doesn't matter. Communication is what matters, and I obviously got my point across. [/nit]

When you get out of High School/College, you'll start to think outside the box. You'll realize that what your English teachers taught you doesn't really hold much water, if any.

Paul Phillips had an article about this regarding the term "Penultimate". The term means "next to last", but he claims most people believe it to mean "Greater than the ultimate".

So, what does the word really mean? Webster says one thing, while the apparent vast majority of humanity believes it to mean something entirely different? I guess it all depends on who you are around at the time.

My point is, everyone understands the way in which I used the term "relegated". And nobody cares about the nit-picking definition that you threw at me, which happens to be very similar to how I used it anyway.

Good day, kid.

K's Deal