View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: (5.5) - Did I play this AKs poorly?

To the OP. It is good to analyze your play. I think that you are giving the other players way to much credit. Sure A-9 and 99 are going to call and win.

What about A-Q, A-J, A-T, A8, A7, A6 (Well NOT A6), A5,

Add any two of those hands the the calling range of the villain and the push is justified. And yes you want them to call. And yes they do call with that and play like that.

Do not give them the credit of being as good as you. Sure you are still playing the 5's and perhaps are just getting started but you are reading 2+2. You are thinking about your game. You are analyzing situations.

You have to give them some credit for thinking in some way but the danger is that you assume that they think exactly like you do. They do not. And thinking that they would do what you would do only leads to a maddening circle of insolvable questions.

Back to the hand...
If they do fold to your raise on the flop then you only lose 160 chips that you got in on the turn and the river.

Suppose for a second that Villlain has AXs in hearts ? That puts a whole new persepctive on your turn bet. Come to think of it, assuming your opponent is crafty and cunning (LOL) then the bluff at the flop with a nut flush draw might be a play that they would make.

In general at the 5's I would advise against giving them to much credit.

Good luck with your game.

--
tjh